Update: We’ve filled this position! Follow our site or our LinkedIn jobs page if you’re interested in joining us next time we grow.
Happy Prime is hiring a WordPress developer.
Who we are
Happy Prime is a strategic web agency that looks for opportunities to do good work with good people. We welcome new ideas. We believe in open source software. We believe in sharing work and helping others do the same.
How we work
Happy Prime is a small team that enjoys collaborating with each other as much as possible.
There are often several projects running at once and each has a mix of individual involvement. One project may involve everyone, another may temporarily be the responsibility of one person.
We value a low pressure environment and approach work with a healthy pace.
We meet together at least twice a week over video to work through blockers and adjust priorities. We have ongoing chats for daily communication in Slack. We rarely use email.
What we do
Happy Prime builds websites and online tools for small and large organizations. We maintain relationships and provide ongoing support and hosting for many of our clients.
Most of the work we do is centered around WordPress. Our goal is always to create accessible, secure, and performant web experiences. We enjoy working with clients to find the right strategic answer rather than just any answer.
- Approach projects with a strategic, forward-thinking mindset.
- Perform project discoveries.
- Communicate technical and non-technical approaches.
- Implement and troubleshoot build tools and processes.
- Participate in peer code review.
- Identify, reproduce, and describe complex issues.
- Prioritize accessibility, security, and performance.
- $90,000 – $110,000 USD
- Fully remote, flexible hours.
- A liberal company holiday schedule.
- A healthy amount of personal time off.
- Fully paid health insurance premiums in the United States. Dental and vision included.
- Paid time off for parental leave.
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% matching.
- Equipment needed to work in comfort.
- Conference travel when conference travel is available again.
We are very interested in talking to anyone who would like to hear more and thinks they may enjoy working at Happy Prime. There are no hard position requirements.
- Submit a letter of interest to email@example.com that outlines your qualifications for this position.
- A resume or C.V. is welcome if you’d like, though not required.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Initial review of applications will begin on June 1st. Applications after June 1st are welcome. Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions about the position, the process, or Happy Prime.
Happy Prime values diversity in all of its forms and is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment. We especially encourage women, Black, Indigenous, and people of Color, LGBTQIA+ people, and individuals with disabilities to apply.